1. Acceptance of Terms
This website (https://www.codingthepast.com/) is owned and operated by Bruno Ponne. These Terms set forth the terms and conditions under which you may use our website and services as offered by us. This website offers visitors information and lessons about data science and digital humanities. By accessing or using the website, you approve that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise noted, Coding the Past content is published under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)
3. User Conduct
In using this Website, you agree to:
- be at least the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, and possess the legal authority, right and freedom to enter into these Terms as a binding agreement. You are not allowed to use this website and/or receive services if doing so is prohibited in your country or under any law or regulation applicable to you;
- not use the website for any illegal purposes. You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations at all times; You are prohibited from posting on or transmitting through the website any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind;
- not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website, other users’ accounts, or computers connected to the website;
- access our site at your own risk, and you are solely responsible for compliance with the laws of any countries that might be applicable to you;
4. Links to third-party websites
The Website contains links to websites operated by other parties. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their content. The inclusion of these links does not imply any endorsement of the material on these sites or any association with their operators.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. Therefore, you should review this page periodically.
6. Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Brazil.
7. Limitations of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Bruno Ponne, be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the service.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Bruno Ponne assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of our service; and (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICES’ CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES OR MOBILE APPLICATIONS LINKED TO THE SERVICES AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICES, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
Please note that there might be some affiliate links on Coding the Past. This means that we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. This helps us keep Coding the Past running.
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com
_This document was last updated on June 11, 2023